Terms and Conditions for Thorntree Barn
When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter or email of confirmation sent to you by post or email AND your deposit is paid and received by us .
In other words your online booking is provisional until accepted by us and your deposit is received.
Once a booking is confirmed, we recommend that you take out cancellation insurance to provide you with cover, since a contract will exist between us and you will be responsible for payment of the full price if we cannot re-let.
Deposit due – within 3 days of booking
– If no payment is received your booking will be cancelled
– Your deposit is non-refundable
Balance Due – 28 days before arrival
-If your balance is not received your booking may be cancelled automatically
Once booking is confirmed = Loss of Deposit
14 Days prior to arrival = 75% of Full Balance Due
7 Days prior to arrival = 100% of Full Balance Due
The Guest agrees:
- That the subjects let are to be used for the purposes of a self catering holiday and so accepts that the letting is a holiday let to which Section 12(2) and paragraph 8 to Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 applies. The booking agreement confers a right to occupy the accommodation for the agreed period only.
- That the tariff charged will be in accordance with the booking confirmation. Our tariff includes all fuel costs, linen and towels, and WiFi.
- That the premises or any part thereof shall not be sublet.
- That pets are not allowed and that no smoking is allowed on the premises.
- That the number of people occupying the premises shall not exceed the number of beds, namely 7, and shall only be for the number of persons confirmed at the time of the booking.
- To vacate the hired premises without demand at the termination of the period of hire as confirmed at the time of the booking. The hire is from 4.00 pm on the agreed date of arrival until 10.00 am on the agreed date of departure, or as specified on the booking confirmation.
- To pay to the lessor for any loss or damage beyond fair wear and tear. An additional cash inventory deposit may be requested for New Year lets, which will be returned without deduction if no damage or loss has occurred during the period of let.
- That there is only a contract between the parties once the booking deposit has been paid and that, unless and until the booking deposit has been paid, the lessor has the option to lease the property to someone else. The Tenant may be liable for the total hire charge unless at least 28 days prior written notice of cancellation is sent by recorded delivery post to the lessor. In the event of Cancellation, while every effort will be made by the lessor to re-let, if a substitute cannot be found, the Hirer will be responsible for paying for the whole period of tenancy booked. Any changes to the booking, subsequent to the receipt by the lessor of the booking confirmation and booking deposit, must be agreed in writing by both parties. We recommend that the Guest takes out Holiday cancellation insurance as soon as a booking is confirmed.
- To keep the hired premises at all times in a clean and tidy condition during the stay. All beds must be stripped at the end of the stay and all crockery and utensils washed Thorntree Terms and Condition of Let 2018 up and left ready for use by the next Guest. We ask you to leave the accommodation as you would expect to find it and to vacuum all rooms before you leave. A surcharge of £25 may be charged should extra cleaning be required following the Guest’s stay.
- To prevent any member of his party from causing a nuisance or disturbance to other residents, neighbours or occupiers in the neighbourhood. In the event of a problem arising, the Landlord has the right to ask the Tenant to leave. The Guest will respect the privacy of the lessor’s garden and yard during the Guest’s stay, and will
- To leave the hired premises secure if left unoccupied during the period of let and do nothing else which might vitiate the Landlord’s Insurance Policy and to minimize the fire risk during the assessment.
- To relieve the lessor from any liability for damage of injury however caused by any member of the Guest’s party.
- The Lessor, his agents or employees, accept no responsibility for loss, injury or damage to any member of the Hirer’s party of their property, possessions or vehicles howsoever caused, arising in any manner out of the let of the premises. 14. To allow the lessor access to the premises at reasonable times.