Terms and Conditions for Thorntree Barn
When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent to you by post or email which will only be issued AFTER a booking deposit has been received.
In other words your online booking is provisional until accepted by us and the deposit of £100 per week booked is received by us.
Once a booking is confirmed, we recommend that you take out cancellation insurance to provide you with cover, since you will be responsible for payment of the full price if we cannot re-let.
Deposit due – within 48 hours of booking
– If no deposit payment is received your booking will be cancelled
– Your deposit is normally non-refundable once paid
Balance Due – 7 days before arrival – during Covid-19 Pandemic. Normally 28 days
-If your balance is not received your booking may be cancelled automatically
Once booking is confirmed = Loss of Deposit
During Covid-19 Full refund
In Normal Conditions
14 Days prior to arrival = Loss of 75% of Full Balance Due
7 Days prior to arrival = Loss of 100% of Full Balance Due
Terms and Conditions of Hire
The Guest agrees:
- That the subjects let are to be used for the purposes of a self catering holiday and so accepts that the letting is a holiday let to which Section 12(2) and paragraph 8 to Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 applies. The booking agreement confers a right to occupy the accommodation for the agreed period only.
- That the tariff charged will be in accordance with the booking confirmation. Our tariff includes all fuel costs, linen and towels, and WiFi. A deposit of £100 per week booked is required, payable at the time of the booking. The balance of the sums due must be paid 28 days before the date of arrival.. If the deposit is not paid over within 48 hours of the booking time, the dates will be released without further notice.
- That the premises or any part thereof shall not be sublet.
- That pets are not allowed and that smoking is not allowed on the premises.
- That the number of people occupying the premises shall not exceed the number of beds, namely 7, and shall only be for the number of persons confirmed at the time of the booking.
- To vacate the hired premises without demand at the termination of the period of hire as confirmed at the time of the booking. The hire is from 4.00 pm on the agreed date of arrival until 10.00 am on the agreed date of departure, or as specified on the booking confirmation. Note. 5pm until 9am during whilst Covid-19 restrictions are in place from March 2020.
- To pay to the lessor for any loss or damage beyond fair wear and tear. An additional cash inventory deposit may be requested for New Year lets, which will be returned without deduction if no damage or loss has occurred during the period of let.
- That there is only a contract between the parties once the booking deposit has been paid and that, unless and until the booking deposit has been paid and received together with a signed and completed booking form, the lessor has the option to lease the property to someone else. The Tenant may be liable for part or the whole of the total hire charge unless at least 28 days prior written notice of cancellation is sent by recorded delivery post or email to the lessor. See cancellation policy above. In the event of Cancellation, while every effort will be made by the lessor to re-let, if a substitute let cannot be found, the Hirer will be responsible for paying for the whole period of tenancy booked. Any changes to the booking, subsequent to the receipt by the lessor of the booking form and booking deposit, must be agreed in writing by both parties. We recommend that the Guest takes out Holiday cancellation insurance as soon as a booking is confirmed.
- To keep the hired premises at all times in a clean and tidy condition during the stay. All beds must be stripped at the end of the stay and all crockery and utensils washed up and left ready for use by the next Guest. We ask you to leave the accommodation as you would expect to find it and to vacuum all rooms before you leave. A surcharge of £25 may be charged should extra cleaning be required following the Guest’s stay.
- To prevent any member of his party from causing a nuisance or disturbance to other residents, neighbours or occupiers in the neighbourhood. In the event of a problem arising, the Landlord has the right to ask the Tenant to leave. The Guest will respect the privacy of the lessor’s garden and yard during the Guest’s stay.
- To leave the hired premises secure if left unoccupied during the period of let and do nothing else which might vitiate the Landlord’s Insurance Policy and to minimize the fire risk during the assessment.
- To relieve the lessor from any liability for damage of injury however caused by any member of the Guest’s party.
- The Lessor, his agents or employees, accept no responsibility for loss, injury or damage to any member of the Hirer’s party of their property, possessions or vehicles howsoever caused, arising in any manner out of the let of the premises.
- To allow the lessor access to the premises at reasonable times.
Covid -19 – June 2020
You should confirm to us, 24 hours before arrival, that all of your party is free from any Symptoms of Covid-19.
If you or any of your party develop any Symptoms of Covid-19 during your stay, then you MUST inform us immediately. Guests are required to go for a NHS test. The result of this test must be shown to the owner. If positive then the guest must immediately leave if this is reasonably possible. If for any reason that it is not, and self-isolation is required to take place at Thorntree, then all fees for all bookings affected by this self-isolation will be borne by the guest. If your party is well enough to travel, then current guidance is that you should go home and then isolate yourselves. If you or your party is so unwell as not to be able to travel, we will inform NHS Scotland and take their advice. If you have to remain at Thorntree, in order to isolate yourselves, then you will be responsible for paying for any extra nights that you have to stay with us. If we have to cancel bookings in order to allow you to stay for extra nights in order to isolate, then we will attempt to accommodate the guests who were due to come to Thorntree, in another local holiday cottage.
If we have to alter or cancel your booking, before you arrive, because a guest at Thorntree has become unwell, we will attempt to accommodate you in another local holiday cottage, if you agree to this. If this is not possible or agreeable, you will be offered a refund.
We shall ask you to strip your beds of linen, and bag up all linen and towels, before you depart. We will provide suitable bags.
You must inform us, within 7 days after your departure, if you or any of your party develop any Symptoms of Covid-19.
In order to give our cleaners time to adhere to Covid-19 cleaning guidance, we ask you not to arrive before 5pm on the day of your arrival and to depart before 9am on the day of your departure.